2015 Healthy Breakfast Cookie Contest Winning Recipe
Old Fashoned Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
1 cup Flaxseed oil
3/4 cup honey
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 c. whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1 cup flaked coconut
1/2 cup chopped pecans or almonds
1. Cream oil, honey and sugar.
2. Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
3. Sift the flour with the baking power, soda and salt and add to creamed mixture.
4. Fold in the oats, dried fruit, nuts and coconut and mix well.
5. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls on well greased cookie sheet.
6. Bake at 350 degrees until slightly browned. Yield aprox 5 dozen cookies.